While installing NAV, It automatically sets up a Webclient Instance as well But it doesn’t do the same when we create a new separate Instance. To have multiple webclients we need to set them up manually.
- Identify the instance for which we need webclient.
- Open Powershell ISE as Adminstrator and run the following command
New-NAVWebServerInstance -WebServerInstance <name of webservice instance> -Server localhost -ServerInstance <NAV server Instance name>
Replace <name of webservice instance> with the name you want. This is the name that you will need to type in browser to access the webclient
Replace <NAV server Instance name> with the name of your nav server instance
- This creates a new webservice instance which can be checked at C:\inetpub\wwwroot
- Lets try to access the webclient now. We can use the url http://localhost:8080/<name of webservice instance> /webclient. Unfortunately you will be greeted by the following generic error screen.
- To fix this we need to make a couple of changes to the config file which can be found at
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\<name of webservice instance>\web.config.
We need to change the value of <add key=”ClientServicesPort” value=”XXXX” /> to the correct client service port of your instance.
After this change the webclient should start working fine.